Project TikGirl

This is not a New Year's resolution.

Not going anywhere

By 5:41:00 PM , , ,

It feels like I'm back to square one. I have been tracking my weight for the past few weeks and it's not moving anywhere near my target. Time and time again I have said that I don't really care about how I look and that it's not my primary concern. But my BMI says I am just a few pounds from being overweight. That doesn't sound right to me.


So what have I been doing for the past few weeks?

I still run. Though I must say that it is not as often as I used to because of the demands of my day job and the fact that it rains almost every day in this side of the world. But the thing is, even if I don't run that often, I have stronger stamina now compared when I was still starting. That should count for something, right?

During my first few weeks of running, I could only run straight for no less than 200 meters. After that, I need to gasp for air and walk the next 200 meters. But now, though only twice a week, I can run 11 kilometers straight and without stopping! And I would like to believe that I am also getting faster!

Again, I'm asking, that should count for something, right? But it seems not. I started Project Tikgirl with 140 lbs. Nine months later, I only managed to shed off five pounds. It makes me feel like I'm not putting my heart and soul into this self-imposed project. Gadh.

So this leads me to my next point: food.

I have never been conscious about what I eat. I'm not a vegetarian but I'm also not a meat lover. I love to explore both worlds and I have no plans of changing that in the near future. The only thing I try to resist -- no matter how mouthwatering it is -- are instant food. I'm proud to say that eight out of ten temptations, I managed to say no to my favorite Lucky Me Instant Pancit Canton.

I pour my free time researching about what to eat. And I try it once in a while but I have yet to sustain healthy eating. I'm already considering the need to consult a dietitian. But it's a bit pricey here in the Philippines.

So what should I do?

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento