Project TikGirl

This is not a New Year's resolution.

Tikgirl's 2013 progress report

By 7:58:00 PM , , ,

It was a year ago when I began blogging what seems to be a decision of a lifetime. From being a couch potato, I worked hard all year to live a relatively healthier lifestyle. I say "relatively" because there were so many times when I failed and gave into the temptation of McDonald's. Hehe.



The photo at the left was taken during a coverage at Bacolod. And on the right was taken today, January 1, 2013.


It was running that took most of my time this 2013 because it was a physical activity that demanded the least eye-hand coordination. It is also the most budget-friendly. My first pair of Adidas rubber shoes, which was a complete steal because I bought it on sale, lasted for a year.

Me and my running buddies joined several 5K races before moving into 10K. But after my 16.8K run with Adidas, I decided to push myself harder when I trained and joined a half marathon during the last leg of the Run Rio's Run United Philippine Marathon.

In the last quarter of the year, I also got into yoga. I attended several community yoga sessions with Teacher Chaya. Though classes were temporarily stopped, I continue to practice at home, and, at times, in the office with my colleagues.

I was 140 pounds when I started my Project Tikgirl blog. A year later, and, not to mention that I ate a lot over the holidays, I am now 133 pounds. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed because I expected that I would be losing more than seven pounds.

So the task this 2014 is to work and train harder. Happy new year and cheers to a healthier 2014! For now, task completed.

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento