Project TikGirl

This is not a New Year's resolution.

Hear ye! I conquered 16.8K

By 12:37:00 AM ,

And so... I conquered 16.8 kilometers. And that is all there is to say.





Adidas King of the Road 2013 was a good run. Some would say Adidas was making up for the mishap it caused runners during the distribution of the singlet. Sorry guys but I can't say that I share your pain since it was my running buddy who picked up our singlet. Maybe I should ask her! Nope, I didn't have to ask her because she complained about it from morning til dusk! Lol.

Anyhow -- whether that was the reason or not -- I find this year's KOTR as one of the best runs I have ever had. The weather was good, the trail was perfect and challenging at the same time. (YES! I didn't know that Kalayaan Flyover was THAT long and steep!)

Hydration was okay too. But they could have provided more trash cans. BDO Race for Life did and I noticed that most runners during that run really made an effort to shoot their plastic cups in the bins.

But most of all, I really loved how they handled the security. They were awesome! I felt safe while running, even while crossing big intersections along Ayala. I am proud to say that I was obedient to the marshals, especially when they would ask us to stop for 10 seconds or so to give way to passing cars. I didn't mind. Others did, however. And I found it too selfish and stupid.

Sorry, but I'd rather lose my momentum for a while than get into a vehicular accident. Period.

I'm still waiting for the official result of the run. But I finished the run roughly at 2 hours and 42 minutes. One proud Tikgirl here. Cheers to my longest run so far!

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento