Project TikGirl

This is not a New Year's resolution.

Disappointed but still happy

By 4:04:00 PM , ,

We knew it would end up in chaos but we signed for it anyway.

After the 7-11 run, the first thing Mike and Shiela asked was when are we going to run next. On that same day, Mike found out about Cafe France Run for Good Health. We signed up nearly a week later.

Mike said the staff from Karate Kid, where runners can sign up, didn't know a single information about the run. As for the racing kit, very few information was there. There was no website dedicated for it -- aside from the details posted in He warned me that it could turn out to be "chaotic."

We had to wait for more than an hour in the CCP complex for the program to start. The racing kit says we have to be there by 4:00 a.m. but we were told to gather near the arch by past 5:00 a.m. In between, no emcee or any staff from the Cafe France informed the participating runners what time it would start.

The emcee turned out to be stressful. He reminded (no, scolded) the 10K runners for 10 times, both in English and in Filipino, that they need to pass on their second loop in the left side of the road -- not through the Gatorade arch.

It was also difficult to run during the start of the race. We were standing next to each other, shoulder-to-shoulder unlike the 7-11 run, where we were reminded persistently that we needed to be at least one-arm-raised apart.

Everything went well during the run itself. Staff were all around the route guiding the runners which way to go. BRAVO!

But what I didn't like most was the crowd control in the finish line. Runners who finished early were all standing there, blocking the timer. As a result, I didn't get my official time. My watch tells me though that I finished the run somewhere between 42-44 minutes.

Despite this, I am very happy that we joined and finished the run. It was very fulfilling. Plus, I got through Junjun Alas. Hehe.

Task completed.

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento