Project TikGirl

This is not a New Year's resolution.

Oh no. Can't run. Can't hide.

By 10:42:00 PM , ,

I wanted to run this morning. It was, however, raining. But who am I to complain, right?

Many Filipinos lost their homes because of the recent strong rains that brought about heavy flooding in various towns and cities in Mindanao.

Photo grabbed from swimbikerun.ph
Not to mention that most of them were also heavily devastated by Typhoon Pablo last December. The town of Cateel in Davao Oriental is once again under state of calamity.

As far as I know, victims of Typhoon Pablo received a lot of donations both from local and international donors. But, at least based from news I am getting, it seems that victims were not able to get it. They held a protest action the other day but government officials called it as mere propaganda. Yeah, right.

My prayers are with you. Hope these people won't be victimized twice by natural and man-made disasters such as these.

I really hope this gloomy weather will end soon. Of course, aside from my prayers for my fellow Filipinos, I also want to start training for my 5K run on Saturday. I just got my singlet earlier this evening. (Disclaimer: Sorry, I'm too lazy to take a photo of it so I just grabbed the photo above from a site. Hehe.)

I am so excited. Task completed.

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento